Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard 2010

Well...
We survived the blizzard of 2010.
Wasn't too hard.
We just stayed inside!
Lucky we didn't have to be anywhere -
I would NOT have wanted to be on the roads.

We went out Friday night to the girls bball game in town.
It was raining ice when we came home at 8:00 pm.
We didn't get much snow -
maybe 3 to 4 inches?
It was just windy
and Paige woke up Sunday morning and said,
"Where is all the snow?"

So, we played indoors.
With our Little People manger scene.
And, it didn't matter that baby Jesus was able to ride the bus.


We also baked some cookies.
Peanut Blossoms on Saturday.
The girls helped unwrap all the kisses.
I'm pretty sure Sophie just ate the ones that she unwrapped.
:)

And the girls and I stayed in our jammies all day!
I got lots of laundry and tidying up done.
We were preparing for our friends Katie and Natalie to come spend the night.
But, the weather was too bad
and their mom didn't want to leave their house, either.

So, we made some cutouts too.

Then, after 3 movies
(The Great Outdoors, Aquamarine, Mamma Mia)
we decided it was time to head to bed.

Sunday the weather was clear,
but we still did not venture out.
The girls were in their jammies again for most of the day.
We did frost our sugar cookies after lunch.

The girls did their own names.
They thought that was pretty cool.



We did do a few Christmassy ones, too!
A long weekend.
I did manage to get 17 small papers graded,
with the girls home!

Finals week this week here on campus.
Woohoo!
Can't wait 'til Christmas break :)

Now, if I could just start Christmas shopping!

2 comments:

Mitch said...

Nice Cookies!

Mitch said...

I am glad baby Jesus has transportation options!