Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Kiss A Day...

...keeps the doctor away?
Ha!

I was channel surfing one night this past spring
and came across a show -
I think on TLC? -
that's called something like 'Surprise Homecoming'.

I didn't watch it.
Too emotional.
But....
I did see a great idea!

One family had put Hershey Kisses in a jar.
One for every night that their soldier/dad was away.
When the jar was empty, he would be home!


So, this is what we did!
After Mitch went back from his 2 week R&R,
I counted up the days he still had left (approximately)
and multiplied x4 (of course, I included myself!)

So, in this jar, there are about 650 or so Kisses.
We have one every night.
It's fun to see it get lower.
It's super hard to tell from this picture,
but almost 1/4 of the jar is gone!

Way better than the chain link!

1 comment:

Mitch said...

Real kisses from dad will be way better. (in a few months)