Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Paper Chain

Two weeks ago, we made a paper chain
to count down Dad's/Mitch's homecoming.
{Ok. I made the chain!}
I put 46 links on it - a guesstimate for the # of weeks he will be gone.


Last time, Kelsey helped make the chain.
And it was 1 1/2 the size of this one.
Needless to say, remembering back, that chain seemed a lot longer.
So, this is kind of nice!

We hung it over our curio the last deployment.
That curio is now in the basement of our house, in storage.
So, we improvised and hung it over a large picture on our living room wall.


Claire had to count all the links.

And then when she talked to her dad last week and told him about the chain,
she said:

"Do you want me to count them for you?"

He said, "No. That's ok."

And then she proceeded to count all 46 of the links to him on the phone.
(Or, maybe he stopped her. I don't remember. But I thought it was funny!)


So, we will proceed to tear one link off every Sunday.
This past Sunday, Claire tore the first one off!
Only about 45 more to go!

1 comment:

Betty said...

That is one of the saddest/sweetest things I have ever seen! We've made "chains" for various things but I'm sure this one does seem long even if not as long as the other! Praying for your family!!