Wednesday, April 06, 2011
April in Iraq
Hi all, My life here in Iraq is not real exciting. I kinda work long hours but not a whole lot to do when we are not working anyway. Sunday - Saturday is pretty much the same, no weekend hours or anything. My usuall schedule is through the night, that is OK. We do get days off but there is not many things to do. I still wear a uniform, eat at the mess hall, and get around the same way. However on the day off I can do thinks on my own schedule. I took a few pics of my living area.
My "house". It is 1/2 of a (40ft) trailer, and I share that 1/2 with another guy. No water but fortunately there is power. Note the bike, when walking the flightline is 5 minutes one way and the chow hall is over 10 minutes the opposite way. The bike cuts the time lots! And when it gets hot I will be even more thankful for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You take care, Mitch.
Post a Comment