Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy Again...

Well....
Week 2 under our belts!
I'm just going to ramble and spill our week
so I can look back at this in about 10 years and laugh
(and not cry, like I did about 5 times this week out of frustration and exhaustion!)

The first full week of school
for me and for the girls.

It was also the week
that Mitch spent 'training' in Colorado.
It gave me a little taste of what it will be like
to get 3 girls up and out the door by 7:30 am
Monday through Friday!

He's home again for about 3 weeks.
Then he leaves for more training for 2 weeks.
Phew.

This last week we only had a few melt downs.
It took Claire 1/2 an hour to pick out her clothes in the morning.
We had 2 mornings of spilled milk
(5 minutes before we were supposed to be out the door -
and almost on the outfit it took Claire 1/2 an hour to pick out!)

Afternoons were hard, too.
Monday evening my mom and grandma came to babysit
(I'm teaching a Monday evening class this fall).
Tuesday we had a CF meeting in our apartment
at 8:30 - when the girls were 'in bed'.
Wednesday I had a meeting until 5:30 -
so a babysitter for Sophie until we could go pick up the big girls from SAC.
Thursday there was nothing - thank goodness!
Except that our daycare provider became ill -
and I had Sophie with me at work during lunch and
at home for the afternoon.
Friday brought another sick day from daycare.
Thank goodness for Grandma Pettis!
That night we headed up to Bloomington
to see my old nursing friends
Abbey & Angie.
I was so pooped that I didn't take any pics that night!
But it was so wonderful to catch up and see their kiddos.

Hopefully this week will be a little less stressful
with Mitch home and running with the girls, too.
I'm hoping to keep up blogging a little better -
but things do get crazy!

Our windows are still not fully in here in the dorm.
But they are close!
And I hear it will be this week that it will be all done.
Yay!

At least the weather has been great -
my favorite time of year!
And thanks to Grandma Pettis & Sophie,
our fall decorations made it out of the bin this year
and are beautifying our little apartment up a little.

No comments: