Happy 7th birthday, Paige!
Oh, my goodness!
I can't believe Paige turns 7 today! Holy cow. Time has sure gone fast. It seems like just yesterday we were in Alabama, waiting for her arrival.
Today:
- we stopped at the store quick to bring donuts to her 1st grade class. Then I surprised her at school and ate lunch with her. It was fun to see her in her world at school. {The sub sandwiches weren't too bad!}
- She was picked up at school by her dad and sisters. Aunt Liz & Rachel were at our house and they all went sledding in the falling snow.
- We ate raviolis and baked birthday brownies. We all sang Happy Birthday (even Sophie!). Then it was off to bed. Phew. It has been a busy weekend/Monday celebrating the Pettis Christmas and Paige's birthday!
Seven Years Ago:
- Paige arrived @ 11:20 p.m. on December 21st, 2002. I was admitted for induction at 4:00 p.m. on Friday December 20th. We spent the night and they started Pitocin on Saturday a.m. After small contractions all morning and afternoon (and lots of games of SkipBo and Cribbage), the Dr. broke my water at 4:00 p.m. Still no progress and at 10:00 p.m. I was still only dilated to a 4 and she was not descending. Off to the OR for a c-section! What a wonderful little bundle. Born at 39 weeks, she weighted 5 lbs 10 oz. None of the clothes we had brought fit her!
I can't believe it has already been 7 years. Paige has been such a wonderful gift to our family. She is the best big sister E.V.E.R. So thoughtful and caring. I can't wait to see what the next 7 years brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment