Sunday, August 06, 2006

County Fair

Don't you just love county fairs? (I think they are so dirty). I hadn't been to one in SO long! On Saturday evening, we took the girls to the good ol' Sibley County Fair. It really wasn't what I remembered. But Paige had a lot of fun on the rides. I was so proud of her - she is getting to be so brave, not the shy little girl she used to be. Anyway...we had a nice time at the fair with Gma & Gpa Pettis, Great Gma Evenson, and cousin Kelsey. The only real complaint that Kelsey and I had was that the apple pie we ordered from the church ladies was awful! I have never tasted pie that bad. We went back to the farm and ate poppyseed cake that my Grandma made. It was delicious!The "Grand Champion" floral arrangement in the 4-H building. Isn't it lovely? We laughed and laughed at how wilted it was (granted, it was the last day of the fair), but it was still so funny!
By the Meyer "Super Spreader" (a maneur spreader!)
Paige on the boats (there was a little boy, about 1 1/2 to 2 yrs., who never got off the ride - he was in his pj's and it was 5:00 p.m.) Paige on the Pink Flying Elephants (no seat belts!)

2 comments:

Mitch said...

Nice pictures Heidi. It looks like Paige was having lots of fun, thanks for taking pictures. I can hardly wait to see all of ya in less than a week.

Heidi said...

Did I spell maneur wrong? Now when I look at it, I think it's manure! Goodness...all that fuss over that word! I should have just said S#%T =-)