Another dance recital here and gone!
The girls had their spring recital the first Saturday in May.
What a crazy day!
There were 2 shows - one at 11:00 and one at 2:00.
Wouldn't you know it, Paige danced at the early one
and Claire and Sophie at the later one?
And, to top it off, it was Honor's Day on campus.
We had our senior nursing pinning ceremoy at 1230.
Ugh.
But it all worked out!
Thanks to help again from
Grandma M., aunt Julie, and Gpa and Gma P!
AND...
I'm so thankful that they wore their uniforms 2x!
When Paige was 4, I spent a fortune on the outfit and she wore it once.
Now multiply that fortune x3!
First off was Paige.
I didn't take any individual pics of her all dressed up.
Here is she is with her (very large) class of 2nd-3rd graders...
They performed 2 songs -
One of which was The Story of Us by Taylor Swift.
They did pretty well on the first.
But the 2nd song they all got out of order and there was mass confusion. :)
The performance gym is WAY bigger than where they practice.
I think the space threw them off.
But they were fun to watch!
About 2/3 of the way through the first show,
I jetted out to attend the pinning ceremoy for my seniors.
Then I jetted back to our apartment around 1:15
to find everyone finishing up lunch.
We took off for the high school about 1:20
and wouldn't you know it?
The heavens seemed to open up right at that time.
Total downpour!
Of course, the girls were in their outfits.
We ran in and did a little drying off
before heading out to the gym to take a few pics.
Sophie and her friend Keira!
All three girls.
Sorry Paige! I wish all of you would have been in your uniforms.
(notice the wet stains on Paige's pants from the rain!)
Sophie's group of 3-5 year olds.
They of course were super cute!
And Sophie was spot on.
She knew all the moves!
Claire's group was later in the show.
They did two routines too and they did really well!
Here Claire is lined up next to her cousin Maya.
So fun!
What a fun and busy year of dance for the girls!
All three really enjoyed it and will be doing it again next year.
Our Tuesdays entailed pickups froms school/daycare @ 4:45,
a quick supper (usually our McD night),
and then dance practice at the Community Center:
Sophie 5:30
Claire 6:00
Paige 6:45
We hung out there all evening and usually got home around 8:00.
Thank goodness for the library being at the same place!
We usually read/did homework while each of the girls was practicing.
It sure made it easier when Mitch came home!
Next year, two have it on Tuesday night, and one on Thursday.
I don't know if that will be better or worse!
1 comment:
Cute Pics...SOOO nice that you got to use the same costumes although I am sure the girls would have loved new ones! hahaha Any videos this time??
Post a Comment