Thursday, May 08, 2008

Bald Eagle Spotting at the Farm

And no... I don't mean Grampa P's balding head. (*sorry dad, I couldn't resist).




Check out the cool shots of the bald eagle I saw flying around my parents' farm last week. I was coming back from the south and saw a huge bird sitting on the side of the road about 200 feet or so in front of me. I was so excited that I actually had my camera with me! The only bad thing is that I didn't have the mega zoom lens along. Oh well. I started to slowly drive to see how close I could get. I think I got about 100 feet when he took off and flew up into the tree next to the pasture. He sat up in that tree for about 2 hours. I took Claire out to check him out - well, we got to the edge of the pasture and then he took off out of the tree towards the CRP land.



It was so cool. I've seen the bald eagle at the zoo and I knew they were big, but this guy was HUGE! I ended up cropping the pics in to get a closer look, so they are a little blurry. But still pretty cool!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat pictures!