Monday, June 02, 2008

Helicopter Rides

On Friday, I got the pleasure of riding in a Chinook and a Blackhawk helicopter. It was pretty cool. Mitch has been flying for almost 6 years now, and I finally got a ride! He couldn't fly with me as a passenger, but it was still pretty cool. The Chinook guys flew over our house and I was able to see everything!





*Heidi in the Blackhawk




It was a spouse lift/boss lift day. So, being the National Guard is Mitch's employer, he was able to schnagel something around and my good friend from high school, Chad, was Mitch's employer for the day! Chad loves history - and especially war history. So he was excited to fly in a chopper as well!





* Chad by the Chinook




What a fun day. I do have to say, I did enjoy the Blackhawk more than the Chinook - the Chinook was kind of boring and it was hard to see out of the windows. The Blackhawk, however, was pretty exciting!

No comments: